Venues for Rent
Old Lahaina Prison/Hale Pa‘ahao
Situated on the corner of Prison and Waine‘e Streets in the heart of Lahaina, this historic site is steeped in colorful history from the peak of the whaling era in the 1850s. The prison yard is a botanical garden, featuring an open greensward (lawn) with a canopy of large shade trees surrounded by a wide variety of flowering plants, verdant shrubs and fruit trees. It provides a postcard-like backdrop for weddings, receptions, special functions and small- to medium-scale themed events.
Facility Features include:
- Water and Electrical
- Spider Box (50 amps)
- Kitchen with ample counter space, a deep sink, large refrigerator and microwave
- Separate restrooms for men and women
- Parking is available in a large public parking lot on the corner of Prison and Front Streets
- Caterers must provide a State Health Certificate and abide by Hawai‘i Dept. of Health laws
- Events must be finished by 9:30 pm with site clean-up completed by 10:00 pm
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed with responsible management
- Music and a dance floor are allowed. Prior approval of sound level and type of music is required.
For more information or reservations, contact the Office Manager at 808-661-3262 or email us.