Admission is FREE all week, starting on Monday, Sep. 17 through to Sep. 22nd. Visitors will enjoy a Chinese lantern display, Moon Festival special exhibit, and traditional Moon Goddess harvest display. ON SALE during the week are delicious moon cakes all the way from Hong Kong!
- At 2PM and 7 PM: “Story of the Moon Festival” presented by Wo Hing Museum Cultural Director, Dr. Busaba Yip (moon cake and tea sampling included)
- At 5 PM, 7 PM, and 8 PM: New this year! The Wo Hing Society presents a small, exclusive tour of the upstairs temple. This temple is used by the Society and not usually open to the public. All Temple Tours are now SOLD OUT.
- From 5 to 9 PM:
- Moon cakes and Chinese teas served in the tea garden, accompanied by Gu Zheng Harp Music
- New this year! Fan-making for keiki, by Lahaina Arts Association
- Chinese calligraphy and knot-tying
- From 6 to 7 PM: New this year! Kung Fu and Tai Chi Chuan (crowd participation encouraged!) by Maui Chinese Martial Arts Academy
- Special! Crispy Gau Gee food demo and tasting, by Chef Bobby Santos
New this year! Fresh and locally-made Taiwanese-style moon cakes will be used for the festival offerings, presentations, and temple tour samplings. The tea garden will also feature an exquisite mountain oolong tea sourced specially from Li Shan (Pear Mountain) of central Taiwan — ALL generously donated by the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Honolulu.
Chinese Moon Festival is sponsored by Hawai’i Tourism Authority and the County of Maui Office of Economic Development, and hosted by the Lahaina Restoration Foundation with the Wo Hing Society. Mahalo to event partners: Lahaina Arts Association, Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Honolulu, and Maui Chinese Martial Arts Academy.
Enjoy Moon Festival and MAKE A DIFFERENCE! It takes an amazing team of volunteers to put on the Moon Festival every year! You can enjoy the fun of Moon Festival knowing you helped make the event a success. The festival needs greeters, surveyors, set-up team, break-down team, photographers, and more. Fill out an online volunteer form or contact Joni with your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org /808.661.3262.